Wednesday, April 11, 2012

To Hades, To Shakespeare, To My Personal Heaven

Sinking, sinking, sinking
Into the boredom of philippic being delivered
Outside, snowflakes swirled against the dark
Of the Chicago landscape
Sinking through a pile of ripped pillows
I had become a troglodyte of the third-degree
My friends had all left me
Left me to think of the M82
Left me to take a lifelong hiatus
From the world
Fresh pineapple among stacks of books
The ice ready to fall and shatter the mirror
My life was disappearing fast
Everything I held dear was vanishing into the dust
Vanishing into the Book of Hate in my brain
Nature was deceiving me
It was all one mass of lies
Lies, lies, lies!
For an instant I was on a safari
Where lions ruled the plains
But with a fleeting glimpse,
It disappeared.
Everything swirled and faded away
My spirit and body began to separate
Thunder roared through the valleys.
It tore things apart,
It flung things asunder,
It flung the remaining pieces of my life far and wide,
Never to be found again.
Blurred white clouds of Salem,
Of witches, of wizards, of warlocks,
Images of vampires,
Actual vampires, not the sorry excuse of Twilight
Blurred white clouds of warriors of horseback
Spun through my fast blurring vision
Ghosts floated through, reaching to embrace me,
To return me to Hades, to Shakespeare, to my personal heaven
Through my spirit, my vision returned
Someone entered, screamed,
A mug of vanilla-caramel swirl coffee splashed to the tile flooring
My spirit disappeared into necrotic death.

No comments:

Post a Comment